University of Kansas School of Business Dean Neeli Bendapudi will be one of the featured speakers at the Kansas Small Business Forum to be held Jan. 7, 2014, at Sporting Park in Kansas City, Kan.
The forum will include remarks by Gov. Sam Brownback and other state leaders and a panel discussion of business leaders highlighting how the Kansas business environment can help small businesses succeed, Kansas’ tax policy for small businesses and an update on the Kansas economy.
Those interested in registering to attend the forum should visit KansasCommerce.com/Forum.
WHAT/WHO: Besides Brownback and Bendapudi, the forum will include:
• Stan Ahlerich, executive director of the Governor’s Council of Economic Advisors
• Gary Allerheiligen, former president of the Kansas Society of Certified Public Accountants
• Commerce Secretary Pat George and Revenue Secretary Nick Jordan
• Ed Condon, senior portfolio manager, Sterneck Capital Management
• Sen. Jim Denning, vice president of business development, Discover Vision Centers, Leawood
• Mike Valentine, CEO, Netsmart Technologies, Overland Park
• Fred Willich, owner, Hi-Tech Interiors Inc., Manhattan
• Albert Balloqui, owner, Labor Max Staffing, Roeland Park
WHEN/WHERE: Registration will open at 12:30 p.m. at Sporting Park, 1 Sporting Way, Kansas City, Kan. 66111. Presentations start at 1 p.m., and the panel discussion will begin at 3 p.m.
PARKING: All event attendees should park in Lot D, located behind Lone Star Restaurant. For directions, please see the attached map.
REGISTRATION: To register to attend the forum, please visit KansasCommerce.com/Forum.
For more information or to read more releases from Civic Alerts visit: http://www.kansascommerce.com/CivicAlerts.aspx?aid=940