Ch. 32 1997 Session Laws of Kansas 89
An Act concerning probate; relating to valid settlement
agreements; amending K.S.A. 59-
Be it enacted by the Legislature of the State of
Section 1. K.S.A. 59-102 is hereby amended to read as follows:
102. As used in
this act the Kansas probate
code, unless the context oth-
(1) ``District court'' means judge of the district court when
ing is necessary to effectuate the general purpose of the provisions of
this the Kansas probate code.
(2) ``Personal representative'' includes executors,
ministrators with the will annexed, administrators de bonis non, conser-
vators and guardians.
(3) ``Fiduciary'' includes personal representatives, trustees
viving partners administering their trusts.
(4) ``Person,'' as applied to fiduciaries, includes banks and
porations authorized by law to act in a fiduciary capacity in this state.
(5) ``Simplified administration'' means administration under the
sas simplified estates act contained in K.S.A. 59-3201 through 59-3206,
and amendments thereto.
(6) ``Supervised administration'' means administration by a
representative under the Kansas probate code, exclusive of the Kansas
simplified estates act, the Kansas informal administration act or refusal
to grant letters of administrative procedures.
(7) ``Informal administration'' means administration under the
sas informal administration act.
(8) ``Valid settlement agreement'' means a written and
instrument which affects the administration or distribution of the estate
and which is entered into by all interested heirs, devisees
and, legatees ,
all other interested or affected persons
whose interests are affected
by the settlement agreement, all of whom must be competent or author-
ized to enter into such agreement.
(9) The masculine gender includes the feminine.
(10) The singular number includes the plural.
Sec. 2. K.S.A. 59-102 is hereby repealed.
90 1997 Session Laws of Kansas Ch. 32
Sec. 3. This act shall take effect and be in force from and
publication in the statute book.
Approved March 31, 1997.