Kansas Bureau of Investigation
Information Services Division
The Information Services Division supports criminal justice activities at every level through the collection, release and automated exchange of information needed by courts, law enforcement, prosecutors and corrections. Specific functions and services of the Information Services Division are:
- Operates the Kansas Central Repository of criminal history records.
- Manages the state database of ten-print fingerprint records.
- Maintains the Kansas Offender Registration, including details on registered offenders, a web site and matching records with the national offender database.
- Operates the Kansas Incident-Based Reporting System for offense and arrests.
- Oversees the Missing Persons Program.
- Licensure of Private Investigators.
- Supports the Kansas Criminal Justice Information System (KCJIS).