Breakdown and Disinfecting Proceudre
for Kansas Body Piercing Practitioners
KBOC FORMS AND APPLICATIONS
BREAKDOWN AND DISINFECTING
1. Don gloves.*
2. Place disposable items into covered waste receptacle.
3. Place contaminated equipment into OSHA approved container filled with appropriate disinfectant.
4. Change gloves.*
5. Properly disinfect area.
6. Clean all work surfaces including chairs with approved disinfectant using a single use paper product.
7. Dispose of contaminated materials in closed waste receptacle.
8. Remove gloves properly.* (Proper Glove Removal)
9. Wash hands. (Proper Handwashing Procedure)
* OSHA: Change gloves. 1910.1030(d)(2)(v) Employers shall ensure that employees wash their hands immediately or as soon as feasible after removal of gloves or other personal protective equipment.
Each practitioner shall follow universal precautions in ALL cases.
Note: A PDF reader program is required to view
some of the information contained on this website. If you do not have this
application installed on your computer, a free version can be downloaded
by clicking the following icon:
If you are unable to read any of the information contained
on this website, please contact the Kansas Board of Cosmetology at the following
address or telephone number. We will be happy to assist you.
714 SW Jackson, Jayhawk Walk Building, Suite 100,
Phone: (785) 296-3155 * Fax (785) 296-3002 * email@example.com
Chiquita C. Coggs, Executive Director