Breakdown and Disinfecting Procedure
for Kansas Tattoo Artist Practitioners
Breakdown and Disinfecting:
1. Don gloves.*
2. Dispose of rinse cup in covered waste receptacle solidifying waste water by additives or absorption.
3. Remove barriers from equipment and supplies.
4. Place barriers in a covered waste receptacle.
5. Move all uncovered equipment from the work area to a clean field with the exception of the assembled machines.
6. Change gloves.*
7. Uncover and dismantle the machines, manipulate machine and remove barrier without cross contamination.
a) Remove and discard rubber bands.
b) Unfasten needle from drive pin, remove from tube and immediately dispose of in sharps container.
c) Loosen tube vise, remove machine and place machine on clean field away from work area.
d) Place non disposable tube in OSHA approved container filled with appropriate disinfectant.
8. Roll work area barrier into itself with remaining ink caps and single use materials and dispose of in a covered waste receptacle.
9. Change gloves.*
10. Clean all work surfaces, including chairs, with approved disinfectant using a single use paper product.
11. Dispose of contaminated materials in closed waste receptacle.
12. Remove gloves properly. (Proper Glove Removal)
13. Wash hands. (Proper Handwashing Procedure)
* OSHA: Change gloves. 1910.1030(d)(2)(v) Employers shall ensure that employees wash their hands immediately or as soon as feasible after removal of gloves or other personal protective equipment.
Each practitioner shall follow universal precautions in ALL cases.
Note: A PDF reader program is required to view
some of the information contained on this website. If you do not have this
application installed on your computer, a free version can be downloaded
by clicking the following icon:
If you are unable to read any of the information contained
on this website, please contact the Kansas Board of Cosmetology at the following
address or telephone number. We will be happy to assist you.
714 SW Jackson, Jayhawk Walk Building, Suite 100,
Phone: (785) 296-3155 * Fax (785) 296-3002 * firstname.lastname@example.org
Chiquita C. Coggs, Executive Director