Proper Preparation of Procedure Area
for Kansas Body Art Practitioners
Preparation of procedural area:
1. Wash hands.
2. Don gloves.*
3. Use approved disinfectant and single use towel to disinfect.
4. Disinfect the work surface.
5. Disinfect the chairs.
6. Disinfect the equipment in the procedure area (cords, power supply, foot switch, machines, trays, clips, and any other equipment in the procedure area).
7. Dispose of soiled materials in covered waste receptacle.
8. Remove gloves properly (without snapping).
9. Wash hands.
* OSHA: Change gloves. 1910.1030(d) (2) (v) Employers shall ensure that employees wash their hands immediately or as soon as feasible after removal of gloves or other personal protective equipment.
Each practitioner shall follow universal precautions in ALL cases.
Note: A PDF reader program is required to view
some of the information contained on this website. If you do not have this
application installed on your computer, a free version can be downloaded
by clicking the following icon:
If you are unable to read any of the information contained
on this website, please contact the Kansas Board of Cosmetology. We will be happy to assist you.
714 SW Jackson, Jayhawk Walk Building, Suite 100,
Phone: (785) 296-3155 * Fax (785) 296-3002 * Email
Chiquita C. Coggs, Executive Director
KBOC Customer Service Survey