58-3079. Supervising broker; use of trade name.
- Each supervising broker who desires to do business under a trade
name or business name other than the supervising broker's own name
shall register with and obtain approval from the commission for use
of the trade name or business name. The use of the trade name or business
name may be disapproved by the commission if, in the judgment of the
commission, the use of the trade name or business name would be misleading
or confusing to the public. The reasons for disapproval may include
- The requested trade name or business name or a similar name
is currently in use, or has been in use during the past two years,
in the same marketing area.
- Terms are used in the trade name or business name that are
misleading or confusing.
- A branch office shall use the same trade name or business name as
that used by the primary office.
- The provisions of this section shall be a part of and supplemental
to the real estate brokers' and salespersons' license act.
(L. 2007, ch. 88, § 8; July 1.)