Business Entity Search
- When searching for a business name, if the name is too long you may have better results when only entering part of the name.
- If you don't know the full business name or in what order the words in the business name appear, a keyword search may help you.
- When performing a keyword search, make sure to use a word that is less common. A more common word might cause too many results to be returned.
- The business entity database is comprised of more than 300,000 names. A search would take too long if we allowed all results to be returned, so the
results are limited to the first 400 that match the criteria you enter.
- When searching by a business entity ID number, please be sure to not use dashes or spaces. A business entity ID number is not the FEIN (Federal Employer
Identification Number). The business entity ID number is assigned by the Secretary of State's office.
- The business entity database should not be used to search for name availability. Different search logic applies when searching electronically for availability of a
name. Merely searching through the businesses entity database will not yield an accurate result. For name availability you must perform a true Name
- If you are unable to locate a business, it is possible that they have not filed in Kansas or that they are a sole proprietorship, D/B/A, assumed name, fictitious
name or trade name. These entities types do not file in Kansas.