Kansas.gov  |   State Phone Directory  |  Online Services
Home  |  Authentication Validation  |  Contact  |  FAQs
    Kansas Business Center: Simple Steps for Success

Helpful Hints

Please review the following frequently asked questions and answers to see if the answer to your question is listed.

If you do not find the answer to your question please contact the Office of the Kansas Secretary of State at (785)296-4564 or e-mail kssos@sos.ks.gov.

Q: Can a dissolution by written consent be filed online?

A: No. If you wish to file your corporation's dissolution via written consent, please file by paper form.

Q: I received an error message and am unable to file online, what do I do?

A: If you received an error message that an annual report must be filed prior to dissolving this entity, you may visit the online annual report filing site The following link will open a new browser window to file the annual report. After you file the annual report wait 24 hours before returning to the dissolution/cancellation/withdrawal filing. If you received an error message, please contact the Secretary of State for additional information at (785) 296-4564.

Q: How long will it take for the online business entity search to update that my business is dissolved/cancelled/withdrawn?

A: The online search should update within 2 hours from the filing time. Once you submit payment, a screen will appear providing you a link to print the certified copy of your filing as well as a cover letter acknowledging your filing - print this document and keep for your records.

Q: If I file on a holiday or weekend when will it be accepted?

A: The online filing system in Kansas is real-time and provides immediate filings. You may file your document any day of the week, at any time, including holidays and weekends. The filing will be accepted immediately and you will be provided the certified document and cover letter after submitting payment. The filed document will then be available on the online Business Entity search The following link will open a new browser window within 2 hours from the time of the transaction.

Q: Why does the filing application keep sending me to the beginning to start over?

A: This typically occurs for one of two reasons; 1) you stepped away from your computer for too long and you have been timed out of the system, or 2) your computer's cache file is storing actions and 'remembers' a previous action on a filing page in which you were sent back to the beginning of the application. In this instance, clear you cache file and try again. If you continue to experience difficulty with this situation, it is most likely not an error within the filing application, but within the settings on your computer. Contact your computer technician to help adjust any computer settings. You may also file by paper or attempt to file on a different computer.