Kansas Highway Patrol - Online Crash Logs

Online Crash Logs

Request an Accident Report
Request an Accident Report


The Kansas Highway Patrol Crash Log allows you to retrieve preliminary injury or fatality crash information for 14 days from the event. Crashes may remain on the site for up to 30 days in the case where information has been updated.

You can search the crash logs by date, county, and type of crash. Logs are sometimes updated while posted to the site and subject to change.

Please see below for information on how you may obtain an official crash report. A $5.00 fee will be assessed for reproduction of official accident reports, and a $2.00 fee assessed per witness statement. Payment will be required at the time of request.

Requesting an Accident Report

You may request an accident report for an accident which occurred since May 2013, by clicking on the Request an Accident Report button, or by going online to https://www.kansas.gov/accident-reports/. For accidents older than May 2013, or if computer access is not available, you may submit a written request to the Records Section at the address below. Please send a self-addressed, stamped envelope, along with your payment when making a request by mail. You may also make a request in person at the address below. When requesting a copy of an accident report, you will need to know at least the name of the individual involved in the accident, and/or a case number, and/or the date of the accident. A fee will be assessed for reproduction of official accident reports.


The Kansas Highway Patrol is authorized to provide crash report information pursuant to the Kansas Open Records Act, K.S.A. 45-215 et seq. Documents may be copied or printed by the public. The Kansas Open Records Act allows withholding of information of a private nature where disclosure would constitute a clearly unwarranted invasion of personal privacy. K.S.A. 45-221(a)(30).

As such, in fatality crashes, the Patrol will withhold names of fatality victims until next of kin are notified. Official crash reports must still be obtained by going online to https://www.kansas.gov/accident-reports/, or through the Kansas Highway Patrol General Headquarters Records section located at:

Kansas Highway Patrol General Headquarters Records
708 SW Jackson
Topeka, KS, 66603
(785) 296-6800

The Kansas Highway Patrol makes no claims, promises, or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the contents of this Web site and expressly disclaims liability for errors and omissions in the contents of this Web site. No warranty of any kind, implied, expressed, or statutory, including, but not limited to, the warranties of non-infringement of third party rights, title, merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, and freedom from computer virus, is given with respect to the contents of this Web site or its hyperlinks to other Internet resources.

Reference in this Web site to any specific commercial products, processes, or services, or the use of any trade, firm, or corporation name is for the information and convenience of the public, and does not constitute endorsement, recommendation, or favoring by the Kansas Highway Patrol.

Request an Accident Report
Request an Accident Report