|Note: PRINT CONFIRMATION SCREEN.
Upon successful completion of the online renewal process, you will receive a confirmation screen that you will need to print for your records. You will receive your new registration card from the KSBOA as soon as possible.
The Kansas Board of Accountancy (KSBOA) Online Renewal application was created to give CPA firms the opportunity to renew their registration online. The accepted method of payment is credit card (Visa, MasterCard, Discover and American Express). This online service is provided by Kansas.gov, a third-party working in partnership with the state of Kansas. The online price of items purchased through Kansas.gov, the state's official Web portal, includes funds used to develop, maintain, enhance, and expand the service offerings of the state's portal.
Only firm renewals are available online.
Once you start the renewal process, you will not be able to save it and go back to it. Further, if you see a screen that tells you that you may not proceed, you will not be able to go back to change the answer that keeps you from proceeding.
To renew online, you will need your firm number and the PIN generated for you by the KSBOA. These numbers are printed in blue and appear in the upper right-hand corner of your paper renewal application form. Please have this information available before proceeding.
Online firm renewals may be submitted until 11:59 PM on December 31. After that time, all renewals must be submitted in paper form and will be subject to the late fee, and possible disciplinary action for practicing as a firm without being registered.
Do not wait until the last minute to complete your firm registration. If you experience problems online and are unable to register in that manner, it may result in your renewal being filed late with the board which will result in late fees and/or disciplinary action.
IN-STATE FIRMS ONLY: YOU ARE REQUIRED TO LIST ALL OWNERS AND STAFF CPAS WORKING FOR THE FIRM THAT HOLD A KS CPA CERTIFICATE ONLY, OR A KS CPA CERTIFICATE AND PERMIT TO PRACTICE. THIS INCLUDES ALL INDEPENDENT CONTRACTORS WHO WORK FOR THE FIRM.
Who CANNOT Renew Online
- You are filing an initial registration.
- It is past the December 31st renewal deadline date.
- Firms with Peer Review Letters of Completion on file with the Board that have an expiration date of December 31, 2015 or before.
- Your answer to questions 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 or 7 on the disclosure statements page is "yes".
- You answer "no" to question 2 and/or ;"yes" to questions 5, 6, 7, 8 or 9 concerning non CPA ownership.
- Your answer to questions 3 or 4 concerning non CPA ownership is 50% or more.
- You are notifying the Board that your firm is now subject to Peer Review.
- You are requesting a waiver of Peer Review due to health, military service or other hardship.
If any of the above applies to your case, or at any time during the on-line renewal process you are advised that you may not proceed, you must complete the paper application sent to you by the KSBOA.
The Kansas.gov Purchase Prices for license renewals are listed below:
|Registration Type||Kansas.gov Purchase Price|