Kansas Bureau of Investigation
Please contact the State of Kansas Department of Administration for current postings of vacant KBI and State of Kansas positions. You may look online at the Administration Office's Web Site.
KBI Employment Disqualifiers
Employment in law enforcement agencies involves public trust. Only those persons whose conduct, character and behavior does not discredit either themselves or the Kansas Bureau of Investigation (KBI) will be employed by the KBI. The KBI employment process will address the integrity, ethical conduct, honesty, prejudices, financial responsibility (credit), and past behavior of all applicants.
While the KBI reviews much information and considers the circumstances in many areas regarding an
applicants background, the following standards are among those that will automatically disqualify applicants from consideration:
- Intentionally falsifying, misrepresenting or omitting pertinent information while completing the employment application, preliminary interview questionnaires, or any other pre-employment document(s).
- Deliberately making inaccurate, misleading, false or fraudulent statements during the employment process.
- Poor management of personal finances (within the past five years). Debts, pending civil suits, garnishments, dispossessory warrants, bankruptcies, etc, will be investigated to determine a candidates suitability for employment.
- Personal state or federal tax liability or delinquent student or government loans unless the applicant is on an approved payment plan.
- Any felony conviction.
- Any outstanding criminal charge pending adjudication.
- Sufficient misdemeanor convictions to establish a pattern of disregard for the law.
- Involvement in any crime of a serious or aggravated nature.
- Current illegal drug use.
- Illegal sale, distribution or manufacturing (to include growing) of any drug.
- Deliberate association of a personal nature within the past year with persons who use illegal drugs in the presence of the applicant.
- Use or possession of marijuana during the last three years.
- Any prior use of an illegal drug or combination of illegal drugs other than marijuana.
Download Employment Disqualifiers (Microsoft Word Document - .doc)