Kansas Department of Wildlife and Parks

Hunter Education Duplicate Cards

Helpful Hints

Who needs Hunter Education?

Kansas law requires that all hunters born on or after July 1, 1957, must successfully complete a certified Hunter Education course in order to purchase a hunting license or to hunt (except for those hunting on land that they own). This applies to both resident and non-resident hunters. Kansas does honor certificates of completion from other state-approved courses, Canadian provinces, and some foreign countries.

More information is available at the KDWPT Hunter Education Page.

What if I can't find my name?

Make sure to use the name as it appeared on your original card and your correct date of birth. Some students are listed with nicknames or shortened versions of the their legal name (Dan instead of Daniel). The record may be under your maiden name.

If you took the course in any other state you will need to contact that state's Hunter Education Office.

Do I need a duplicate card?

Resident hunters under 16 years of age are not required to purchase a hunting license but must carry a Hunter Education certificate (unless hunting on own land), showing they have completed the course. Anyone under 27 years old must carry an approved Hunter Education card while hunting in Kansas.