- Who is authorized to use the automated system to order Criminal Record Checks?
- How much does it cost to order online?
- How do you begin using the online system?
- After the initial set up, what information should be on-hand, when ordering CRCs online?
- Is the online ordering process secure?
- Why is a fee charged when Criminal Record Check orders are placed online?
- Regarding an applicant’s race, why isn’t a check box provided to indicate Spanish, Hispanic, Mexican or Latino on the Criminal Record Check request form?
- How many Criminal Record Check requests can be submitted at one time?
- What information is needed to track the orders submitted?
- Which agency has record of CRC orders submitted and who should be contacted in the event that an order needs to be tracked, but the electronic receipt bearing the confirmation number has been misplaced?
- Since Criminal Record Checks can be ordered online, are the results obtained online as well?
Those authorized to use the system are Adult Care Homes, Home Health Agencies and Staffing Agencies, as referenced under KSA 39-970 and KSA 65-5117. Hospitals with long term care units and/or swing beds who employ certified aides should also request criminal record checks.
The cost is 10.00 per request. In addition, there is a small convenience fee that is determined and collected by Kansas.gov to defray their costs.
To begin using the online system, go to the KDADS Health Occupations Credentialing web page, www.kdheks.gov/hoc and click on the link that says Online Criminal Record Check Submission. First time users will need to enter facility information which includes: facility ID number and name, street address, city, state, zip code, phone number and e-mail address. After facility information has been entered and submitted, a password will be emailed to you by Kansas.gov. You may then log in to the system and submit criminal record checks.
Facility ID number, password, detailed information on the applicant including: Social Security
Number, first, last, middle name & suffix, other last names (aliases), date of birth, gender, race, street
address, city, state, zip code, home and work phone numbers.
Payment information is needed, including: credit card name, number, expiration date and three digit code. In addition, contact information is requested including phone and e-mail address. By providing the e-mail address, facilities can receive electronic receipts after submitting orders.
Since 1991, Kansas.gov has handled millions of dollars worth of e-government transactions. They utilize Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) protocol for Internet transaction security. The SSL protocol allows them to deliver server authentication, data encryption and message integrity – meaning that all information in the transaction is protected from capture by a third party trying to do harm. Every step of the online process from the initial submission of your order to printing your order confirmation receipt has been developed with the most advanced yet user-friendly security features available.
Acting as an agent for KDADS Health Occupations Credentialing and other state governmental entities, Kansas.gov is a self-supporting network where no tax dollars are used for operation. The Kansas.gov network currently contains over 100,000 pages of information and dozens of services, all designed to help the public to interact more efficiently and easily with their state government. Utilizing the online service offers an alternative, convenient, cost effective way to perform transactions.
Regarding an applicant’s race, why isn’t a check box provided to indicate Spanish, Hispanic, Mexican or Latino on the Criminal Record Check request form?
The race categories used on our CRC request forms are in accordance with standards established by the FBI and KBI. Accordingly, Hispanic, Spanish, Mexican and Latino are considered ethnicity, not race.
There is no limit to the number of CRC requests ordered at one time.
The confirmation number (listed on the electronic receipt provided after an order has been submitted) is the only identifier needed to track CRC request orders.
Which agency has record of CRC orders submitted and who should be contacted in the event that an order needs to be tracked, but the electronic receipt bearing the confirmation number has been misplaced?
Facilities should contact the KDADS Criminal Record Check program staff.
The majority of CRC results will be sent electronically, linked to your employment list on the Kansas Nurse Aide Registry. Results are obtained by depressing the “View Result” button next to the individual’s name. Results that have a criminal history abstract (rap sheet) must be mailed to the facility.